The functioning of the brain, the reproductive system, the heart, the development of bone tissues and muscles depend on the presence of special hormones produced by the thyroid gland in the body. The endocrine gland is indeed an important organ that regulates the body's metabolism. Therefore, any failure in its work can lead to serious diseases. Ultrasound examination of the thyroid gland is able to signal the intended problems in time and help choose the right therapy.
Expediency and possibilities of ultrasound examination of the thyroid gland
During the thyroid gland scanning procedure, the following parameters and signs of its condition are evaluated:
- presence, structure, size and structure of visible lymph nodes;
- the structure of the salivary gland and the degree of its response to ultrasound;
- structure and size of the larynx and soft tissues of the neck.
It is advisable to check the functioning of the thyroid gland once a year. First of all, women over 35 should listen to this advice. This category is most prone to the risk of gland diseases. Scanning makes it possible to detect problems in the early stages and carry out successful treatment.
Indications for ultrasound of the thyroid gland
Situations, signs and symptoms in which a preventive ultrasound of the thyroid gland should be performed:
- planned pregnancy;
- the presence of hereditary diseases of the thyroid gland and diabetes;
- work related to harmful production;
- reaching the age of 40;
- after taking hormonal drugs;
- apathy, lethargy, fatigue, weakness;
- increased nervousness, excessive irritability, frequent mood swings;
- excessive sleepiness;
- elevated body temperature for a long time (within 37-38 degrees);
- coughing, sensation of a foreign object in the throat, itching;
- cardiac arrhythmia;
- change in body weight for no apparent reason, exhaustion;
- uncontrollable trembling of the fingers;
- increased hair loss;
- the appearance of neoplasms that can be felt during palpation;
- suspicion of a tumor.
Frequent mistakes of unqualified specialists
One of the main mistakes of unqualified specialists is to identify a benign tumor as malignant and vice versa. Sometimes too sensitive equipment is able to "record" a completely healthy person who has benign nodules up to 4 mm in size.
For an ultrasound of the thyroid gland, contact the Medical Center Viasan. The peculiarity of conducting ultrasound of the thyroid gland at us is the performance of studies by experienced diagnosticians and the use of expert-class medical equipment.