Gastroscopy in Ternopil
Gastroscopy (fibrogastroduodenoscopy) is a highly informative examination of the upper parts of the gastrointestinal tract using an endoscope (a special medical instrument that looks like a thin, flexible, elastic tube with a fibre optic system inside). The endoscope is inserted into the stomach through the patient's mouth and oesophagus. This makes it possible to examine the mucous membranes of the oesophagus, stomach, and duodenum in detail and to detect various pathologies (ulcers, polyps, tumours, foreign bodies, inflammation, bleeding, etc.).
This method has no analogues. It allows the doctor to assess the condition of the mentioned internal organs in real time with his own eyes, make the most accurate diagnosis, prescribe effective therapy, and monitor the dynamics of treatment.
Therapeutic gastroscopy in most cases makes it possible to abandon surgery and solve the problem with less effort.
Gastroscopy in Ternopil, sleep gastroscopy, Viasan Medical Centre.
Fast, comfortable and painless. Modern video endoscope. Experienced specialists.
Additional important procedures can be also performed with the help of gastroscopy:
- Taking material for biopsy;
- Removing polyps in the oesophagus and stomach;
- Testing for the presence of Helicobacter pylori.
Gastroscopy is prescribed in an urgent and planned manner. Indications for FGDS are:
- Pain in the projection of the stomach, regardless of eating;
- Frequent episodes of heartburn, nausea, belching or vomiting;
- Soreness or difficulty in swallowing;
- Dyspepsia (indigestion, excessive gas formation);
- Feeling of stomach fullness with a normal amount of food;
- Feeling of bitterness, bad breath;
- Lack of appetite, weight loss of unclear etiology;
- Change in the blood formula (increased ESR, anaemia);
- Chronic defecation disorder (constipation or diarrhoea);
- Presence of previously diagnosed diseases of the oesophagus, stomach and duodenum.
Gastroscopy makes it possible to diagnose:
- Diverticula and oesophageal hernias;
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease;
- Hernia of the oesophageal opening of the diaphragm;
- Barrett's oesophagus (precancerous condition);
- Gastritis, stomach and duodenal ulcers;
- Gastrointestinal bleeding;
- Neoplasms (tumours and polyps), foreign bodies, etc.
Therapeutic gastroscopy is prescribed for the following purpose:
- To clip or cauterize small lesions in case of bleeding with the help of a video endoscope;
- To remove small neoplasms (polyps) with subsequent histological analysis;
- To remove foreign bodies from the upper part of the gastrointestinal tract;
- For bulging and stenting – expansion of pathologically narrowed gastrointestinal tracts and installation of a reinforcing prosthesis;
- For placement of special balloons to control weight of obese patients, etc.
Gastroscopy is performed on an empty stomach with the last meal eaten and the last liquid drunk 8 hours and 4 hours before the examination respectively. Lenses, glasses and dentures are removed.
Fibrogastroscopy is performed in a side-lying position under local anaesthesia or in a state of medicated sleep. In the first case, the patient's oropharynx is treated with an anaesthetic solution in spray. The anaesthetic reduces the sensitivity and unpleasant sensations that occur when the endoscope is inserted into the oesophagus. The examination lasts no more than 15 minutes.
Because of certain indications (increased vomiting reflex) or at the patient's request, if there are no contraindications, the procedure can be performed under medical sedation. In this case, an anaesthesiologist is present during FGDS. The necessary sedative drug is selected, the patient is put into a state of sleep before the procedure, and taken out of it after it is over. 30 minutes is enough for an examination or medical manipulation (tissue collection for biopsy, polyp removal or laboratory tests).
After 5 min. after awakening, the patient is conscious, can speak, is cheerful, and does not feel weakness and dizziness, which usually occur after general anaesthesia.
Sleep gastroscopy is not performed in urgent cases and when there are individual contraindications.
Gastroscopy at the Viasan Medical Centre: advantages
Availability of a modern video endoscope АOHUA VME-2300, which is among the best endoscopic systems;
Qualified specialists with many years of experience;
The possibility of sleep gastroscopy, bypassing fear and tension;
Comfortable conditions for examination and endoscopic treatment;
The opportunity to receive treatment in a modern clinic according to advanced medical protocols.
Call! We work for you!