Ultrasound of the vessels of the head and neck in Ternopil: Viasan
Ultrasound of the vessels of the neck and head is a popular informative method of visualizing blood flow in the brain. It provides comprehensive information about the speed, direction and volume of circulating blood mass in the main vessels of the neck and head. It allows to identify the causes of hemodynamic disorders (obstruction, stenosis, tumours, aneurysms), to establish an accurate diagnosis, to monitor the effectiveness of therapy, and (what is very important!) to detect the development of threatening conditions (aneurysm rupture, stroke) long before their manifestation.
Diagnosis is safe, there are no restrictions and it can be prescribed to any category of patients.
Frequent headache or dizziness? Memory impairment?
Make an ultrasound at the Viasan Medical Centre. Modern Logiq P9 (GE) scanner.
Experienced diagnosticians. Here we know how to help.
The essence of the procedure
It is about to measure the frequency of ultrasonic waves reflected from moving erythrocytes. After the transmission of a batch of impulses, a graph of blood velocity in the examined area appears on the device screen. The capabilities of modern ultrasound scanners allow to visualize blood flow in the main collaterals thoroughly and study their anatomy in detail.
It includes two techniques:
- The patency of the neck vessels (brachiocephalic and main arteries) is assessed because most of pathological changes that can provoke a stroke take place here.
- If necessary, transcranial duplex or triplex scanning of cerebral vessels (intracranial arteries) is prescribed.
The procedure detects early lesions (blood clots, aneurysms), deviations from the normal course of disease (tortuosity, malformations), various defects of vascular walls (low elasticity, hypertension, hypotension).
- blood flow velocity in the main arteries;
- stenosis (narrowing) of arteries, allowing to assess their clinical significance;
- causes of headache (angiospasm, increased intracranial pressure);
- condition of the vertebral arteries and venous blood flow in the neck;
- the presence of aneurysms.
- chronic headaches;
- dizziness, short-term fainting;
- vegetative-vascular dystonia;
- soreness in the neck;
- episodes of weakness, numbness of the extremities with nausea and speech disorders;
- impaired hearing, vision, memory, tinnitus;
- vertebrobasilar insufficiency;
- cerebrovascular disease;
- stroke, transient ischemic attack;
- monitoring of the therapy effectiveness.
It is prescribed to patients with increased risk of vascular pathology in case of:
- diabetes mellitus;
- cervical osteochondrosis;
- coronary heart disease;
- changes in the blood coagulation system;
- high cholesterol;
- alcohol abuse, smoking;
- hereditary predisposition.
It is not required. At secondary diagnostics, it is necessary to take the protocol of preliminary scanning for monitoring the dynamics of changes.
How it is performed
The neck and head are freed from clothing and jewellery. Silicone gel is applied to the skin to improve sliding. A doctor drives a sensor in a projection of blood vessels and arteries. To increase the informativeness, a patient is sometimes asked to take a deep breath.
The anatomy of blood vessels, the maximum and minimum blood flow velocity in them, and their ratio are evaluated, the resistance index is calculate. The results are compared with the reference values, a conclusion is made.
Ultrasound at Viasan: benefits
- modern medical centre;
- professional equipment;
- specialists of expert level;
- high level of service.