Services and Prices
Folliculometry in Ternopil
Folliculometry is a safe ultrasound monitoring of the ovulation process, ovum maturation, growth and transformation of the endometrium (the inner layer of the uterus where the embryo is implanted). It determines if this cycle was ovulatory, what day was an ovulation. It is carried out to calculate suitable days for conception. It is performed as an ultrasound of the pelvic organs by transabdominal and transvaginal methods (more often).
Problems with conception? Are you planning IVF?
Start with folliculometry, in Ternopil, at the Viasan Medical Centre.
Premium Logiq P9 scanner, experienced obstetrician-gynecologists, own laboratory.
Sign up now!
The essence of the procedure
Fertilization is possible only during ovulation. This is the process of release of a mature ovum from the ovary, after which it is capable of fertilization. For women of childbearing age, ovulation occurs periodically after 21-35 days. Each menstrual cycle prepares several follicles for ovulation. The main candidate will be only one, dominant (rarely more). It leaves the ovary into the abdominal cavity, is carried away by the villi of the fallopian tubes, enters their cavity, where it later meets with the spermatozoon.
There are ovulatory cycles (ending with ovum maturation) and anovulatory (sterile) cycles, during which it is impossible to get pregnant. Folliculometry makes it possible to visualize the fact and timing of ovulation. This requires several scans on certain days of the cycle. Which ones, the doctor will determine.
- to observe the growth of follicles, ovulation, the development of the corpus luteum;
- to visualize the state of the uterus, ovaries, their correspondence to the phase of the cycle;
- to detect ovulation disorders, anomalies (cysts, fibroids);
- to evaluate cyclic changes in the endometrium, identify deviations from the norm;
- to find out the reasons for the delay (in case of irregular cycles).
- lack of planned conception;
- irregular menstrual cycle;
- study of ovarian dysfunction;
- monitoring the effectiveness of the ovulation stimulation process;
- detection of ovulation period, pregnancy planning;
- preparation for in vitro fertilization (IVF);
- tracking the dynamics of the effectiveness of infertility treatment.
How it is performed
The procedure includes 6 scans with an interval of 2-4 days. For a standard menstrual cycle of 28 days the procedure will take place according to such schedule:
First: after the completion of menstruation on the 5-7th day of the cycle. During this period, 2-3 follicles 5-8 mm in size are determined.
Second: 9-11th day. The period of appearance of a dominant follicle with a size of 10 mm, increasing by 2-4 mm per day.
Third: 12-13th day. Dominant follicle is 22-30 mm, 3-layer endometrium 8-12 mm.
Fourth: takes place the next day. Normally, signs of ovulation are determined - the absence of a dominant follicle, the presence of free fluid behind the uterine space.
Fifth: 15-17th day. In place of the bursting follicle, a star-shaped corpus luteum is formed, the endometrium is homogeneous, 12-14 mm.
Sixth: 21st day. Identification of the introduction of a fertilized ovum into the uterus. Conception happened.
To obtain more comprehensive information about the state of the reproductive organs, folliculometry is supplemented with laboratory screening (a reproductive and thyroid panel is prescribed). Based on echographic and biochemical studies, a conclusion is made.
Folliculometry in Viasan: advantages
- licensed medical centre;
- modern high-precision equipment;
- doctors of expert level;
- effective treatment programs;
- quality service.