Consultation of a cardiologist in Ternopil
Cardiology is a branch of medicine that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of pathologies of the cardiovascular system. Heart and vessel diseases are widespread now being the most common cause of death: according to some estimates, up to 60% of deaths from the disease are due to cardiac diseases.
Timely consultation with a cardiologist, detection of the disease and a properly prescribed course of treatment can improve the quality of life and significantly extend its duration.
When to visit a cardiologist?
An annual cardiologist consultation is required for anyone from the group of risk: people over the age of 40, heavy smokers, overweight people, people with pre-existing autoimmune and endocrine disorders, and patients who have already had a stroke, heart attack or heart surgery.
In addition, you should immediately make an appointment with a cardiologist if you have the following symptoms:
- shortness of breath;
- unstable blood pressure (low or high);
- frequent dizziness and even loss of consciousness;
- general weakness, fatigue, numbness of the extremities.
It is necessary to visit a cardiologist regularly for people with a hypertensive crisis, patients diagnosed with rheumatism or diabetes. It is also important to consult a heart doctor for women planning a pregnancy.
Diagnosis of cardiac diseases
To diagnose a certain cardiac disease, in addition to laboratory blood tests, diagnostic tests are prescribed, which can assess the condition of the heart and blood vessels:
- ECG (determination of heart rate and rhythm disturbances, detection of problems with the blood supply to the heart muscle by the classical method).
- ECHO of the heart is an ultrasound examination of the myocardium. It allows to analyse the work of the heart muscle, its structure and wall thickness;
- Holter, or daily ECG and blood pressure monitoring, is another type of ECG that allows to check heart rate and blood pressure throughout the day.
Treatment of cardiac diseases
A cardiologist diagnoses and treats diseases such as:
- carditis of different types;
- angina pectoris;
- coronary heart disease;
- congenital and acquired heart defects;
- heart failure;
- heart attack;
- vegetative dystonia.
Conservative therapy with the involvement of physical therapy, physiotherapy and lifestyle adjustments are used to treat these diseases; the whole set of measures should be aimed at stabilizing the patient's condition, preventing further complications and improving the quality of life in general.
Patients who have undergone heart valve replacement or coronary artery bypass grafting require lifelong cardiology support. For each of them a doctor develops an individual algorithm of observation and therapy.
Why to choose a cardiologist at Viasan Medical Centre?
The Viasan Medical Centre in Ternopil has all the conditions to make a visit to a cardiologist comfortable for every patient. Qualified, experienced specialists in the field of cardiology conduct the reception at the centre. The maximum accuracy of diagnoses and prescribed treatment is guaranteed by modern diagnostic equipment. In addition, the high quality of service and comfortable atmosphere of the medical centre set a positive result.