Services and Prices
Expert ultrasound of abdominal organs in Ternopil: Viasan
Ultrasound of the abdominal cavity is a non-invasive, safe, rapid diagnosis that allows you to determine the cause of abdominal pain and differentiate various abdominal problems. The technique does not carry harmful radiation exposure, is prescribed to all categories of patients, including pregnant women and children, and allows establishing an accurate diagnosis. The following organs are examined: liver, spleen, gallbladder, pancreas with ducts.
You can pass an ultrasound examination of the abdominal cavity in Ternopil at the Viasan Medical Centre, Medova Str., 12.
By appointment. Doctor's referral is optional.
The essence of the procedure
The main indications for the appointment of this examination are pain in the abdominal area and in the epigastrium of varying intensity and location, as well as:
- heaviness in the right hypochondrium;
- frequent flatulence;
- bitterness in the mouth;
- girdle pain of unclear origin.
Ultrasound provides accurate information about the size, location, structure, contours, the presence or absence of stagnant processes, tumours in the studied organs, visualizes the condition of blood vessels (veins and arteries). Cysts, tumours, stones, inflammation, indirect signs of helminthiasis are detected.
- to exclude emergencies (internal bleeding, organ rupture);
- to confirm and detect the presence of surgical and oncological pathology (gallstone disease, liver colic, destructive pancreatitis, hepatitis, pancreatic cancer, liver cirrhosis or cancer, spleen disease, etc.);
- to identify anomalies in the development and functioning of organs;
- to differentiate focal and diffuse processes in the peritoneal organs.
- complaints of abdominal or epigastric pain;
- unexplained attacks of nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite;
- jaundice (to exclude its mechanical genesis);
- neoplasms palpable in the abdominal area;
- blunt abdominal trauma (to diagnose internal bleeding and rupture of organs);
- deviations from the norm of biochemical parameters of the liver, pancreas;
- supervision of neoplasms of different etiology detected earlier;
- monitoring of the condition after surgeries on the liver and gallbladder;
- preventively, once a year (recommendations of international medical organizations).
Ultrasound of the abdominal cavity is also prescribed during pregnancy in the presence of digestive problems. It can be performed in an emergency or scheduled manner.
Preparation starts three days before the examination. It is necessary:
- to exclude from the diet fatty foods and foods that promote flatulence;
- not to eat 8 hours before the examination, not to drink;
- to take medication only with a doctor's permission;
- to refrain from chewing gum and smoking before the test.
How it is performed
In the morning on an empty stomach. It is performed transabdominally. The patient lies on the couch. The abdomen is lubricated with silicone gel to improve the movement of the sensor on the skin. Scanned data are visualized on the monitor, studied by a doctor, put down in the protocol. The examination takes only 25-30 minutes, the diagnostic results are issued immediately.
Advantages of ultrasound in Viasan
- Licensed medical centre.
- High-precision Logiq P9 (General Electric). Only we have it!
- Expert level specialists.
- Quality service.