Ultrasound of the prostate in Ternopil: Viasan
The prostate is an androgen-dependent organ of the reproductive system that plays an important role in men’s sexual life. It is necessary to control its condition to maintain overall health, ‘man’s strength’ and reproductive ability. In this case, ultrasound of the prostate is an indispensable diagnosis that allows you to detect the slightest deviations from the norm as predictors of a number of diseases. The most dangerous is cancer.
Among all men’s oncological pathologies, 15% is prostate cancer.
According to statistics, in Ukraine about 6 thousand men are diagnosed with this disease every year.
Ultrasound of the prostate and urinary system in Ternopil.
Viasan Medical Centre. If necessary, we can offer ultrasound scan of penis. Care of yourself! Get a prostate screening!
The essence of the procedure
The sensor of the device generates ultrasonic waves, which, passing through the skin or intestinal mucosa, are differently reflected from organs and tissues. The data is processed by the program and visualized with high accuracy on the monitor. A picture of the real state of the examined organ and its adjacent structures is obtained.
The size, shape and structure of the organ, the condition of the surrounding tissues are studied. To assess the nature of blood flow with the velocity indicators measurement the Doppler ultrasound of the prostate is performed.
Can be performed in 2 ways:
- transabdominally – through the abdominal wall;
- transrectally (TRUS) – through the rectum.
- inflammatory process (acute or chronic prostatitis);
- benign prostatic hyperplasia (adenoma);
- purulent lesion in the prostate;
- bounded cavities with fluid (cysts);
- obstruction (blockage) of ducts;
- vesiculitis (inflammation of the seminal vesicles);
- malignant neoplasms.
The list of prostate disease symptoms:
- intermittent urination (sluggish flow);
- increased urination at night;
- tingling, burning, discomfort when urinating;
- frequent urges to urinate, feeling of incomplete emptying of the bladder;
- traces of blood in the urine, discharge from the urethra;
- pain in the perineum after a long sitting;
- potency disorder for men of reproductive age;
- problems with reproduction, male infertility;
- suspected hyperplasia and malignant neoplasms;
- monitoring the condition of the body after surgery;
- collection of material for histological analysis (TRUS).
Transabdominal examination is performed with a full bladder. An hour before the procedure, drink 1 litre of water without gas, do not urinate. It will be necessary to empty the bladder during the scan to assess the residual urine volume.
Transrectal examination is performed in the large intestine. To do this, 10 hours before diagnosis, it is cleaned with microclysters or laxatives.
In both cases, foods and beverages that cause flatulence are excluded from the diet for 2 days.
How it is performed
Ultrasound of the prostate is performed according to the standard scenario: scanning, filling in the protocol, conclusion. There are different ways to get results.
Transabdominal way. A patient lies on a couch. Abdomen skin is lubricated with gel. A doctor moves the sensor on skin with a little pressure.
Transrectal way. Scanning with a thin rectal sensor, which is inserted into the anus to a depth of 5 cm.
Prostate ultrasound, Viasan: benefits
- high-precision Logiq P9 (GE) scanner;
- European diagnostic standards;
- diagnosticians of expert level;
- quality service;
- without queues and doctor's referral.