Ultrasound of the adrenal glands in Ternopil: Viasan Medical Centre
The adrenal glands are a paired endocrine organ located above the upper poles of the kidneys that synthesize important hormones of protection and adaptation. These biologically active substances provide important physiological reactions of the body to stress, work load, changes in the environment. Ultrasound of the adrenal glands is an indispensable method of diagnosis that allows to clarify the origin of a number of pathologies, such as hypertension, metabolic disorders, infertility, obesity, fatigue and others.
Ultrasound of the adrenal glands in Ternopil, Viasan Medical Centre.
Premium device Logiq P9 from General Electric.
Experienced diagnosticians. No referral! Preliminary entry.
The essence of the procedure
Due to the non-specificity of complaints in many pathologies of the adrenal glands, patients usually do not address to a specialist, and often do unnecessary examinations. As a result, they receive late or inadequate treatment.
Ultrasound of the adrenal glands is an accessible, highly informative and safe method that allows to detect structural changes in a small but very important organ.
- size, shape;
- contours, integrity;
- compliance with anatomical standards;
- foci of inflammation.
It detects and differentiates:
- neoplasms of different nature, cysts;
- haemorrhage, inflammation;
- hyper or hypoplasia of glandular tissue;
- endocrine pathologies;
- hereditary and acquired diseases.
Ultrasound of the adrenal glands is intended to verify diseases manifested by nonspecific symptoms:
- expressed fluctuations in blood pressure;
- increased thirst, frequent urination (polyuria);
- metabolic disorders (obesity);
- chronic weakness and drowsiness;
- women’s menstrual disorders;
- problems with reproduction;
- inflammatory skin diseases (acne);
- severe hyperpigmentation;
- pain in the kidneys of unclear etiology;
- compaction in the kidneys;
- injuries, bruises, abdominal injuries;
- mood swings, low stress resistance;
- hereditary predisposition to adrenal diseases.
It can also be used to assess the dynamics of hormone therapy.
Is minimal. The day before the examination, give up products that cause flatulence, including milk and carbonated beverages. If you are prone to flatulence, it is recommended to take enzymes (Mezym), medicines with simethicone (Espumisan) or activated charcoal 2 days before the procedure. The dosage is determined by the doctor. The examination is performed on an empty stomach.
How it is performed
Ultrasound of the adrenal glands is performed in 3 projections. During the examination, the patient changes position (lying on his stomach, back, side). If necessary, the procedure can be done in a standing position. A gel conductor is applied to the lower back and abdomen to improve contact with the examined area. Ultrasound waves penetrate the glandular tissues and are visualized on the monitor of the device. The doctor studies the results of the examination. The protocol is filled out, the conclusion is made.
Diagnosis takes 20 minutes, has no contraindications and is suitable for all categories of patients, including pregnant and breastfeeding women. A referral from a doctor is optional. Ultrasound of the adrenal glands and kidneys can be done for your own reasons.
Ultrasound in Viasan: benefits
- licensed modern medical centre;
- high-precision Logiq P9 premium equipment from General Electric;
- European diagnostic standards.