Consultation with a dermatovenereologist in Ternopil
Dermatovenereology is a medical field that includes the study, diagnosis, treatment and prevention of skin pathologies and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).
It combines three areas:
- dermatology (diseases of the skin, mucous membranes, nails and hair);
- mycology (condition of the skin, mucous membranes and nails affected by fungal pathologies);
- venereology, which studies sexually transmitted diseases and infections.
When is it time to visit a dermatovenereologist?
All the mentioned areas combine the symptoms that appear on the skin, mucous membranes or nail plates: rash, inflammation, itching, discharge, etc.
Some sexually transmitted diseases are also characterized by genital discharge, lower abdominal pain, and discomfort when urinating. The danger of STDs is that some of them may be asymptomatic. Therefore, in case of unprotected sexual contact and suspicion of a sexually transmitted disease, you should also make an appointment with a dermatovenereologist.
Among the symptoms that are the reason for a visit to the doctor, we can highlight the following:
- prolonged itching or inflammation of the skin;
- uneven skin colour, violation of its pigmentation;
- rash (abscesses, pimples, red spots);
- acne or furuncles;
- swelling, spots on the skin;
- cracks and ulcers;
- change in the condition of the nail plates;
- excessive dryness and peeling of the skin;
- changes in the condition of moles and birthmarks;
- hair loss;
- dandruff or inflammation on the scalp;
- appearance of vascular retina.
Diagnosis of dermatovenereological diseases
The dermatovenereologist begins with the collection of anamnesis and visual examination. To confirm the diagnosis, the specialist may prescribe tests: biochemical examination of blood and urine, cytology, PCR diagnosis.
Dermatoscopy is used to examine the skin lesions in more detail and to rule out or confirm the risk of developing a malignant tumour. This painless procedure allows you to examine various formations on the skin without surgery and promotes the most accurate diagnosis.
How the dermatovenereological diseases are treated?
Dermatovenereologists are working to solve the following patient problems:
- viral lesions of the skin and mucous membranes (herpes, papilloma);
- bacterial infections (furuncles, impetigo);
- fungal diseases (mycosis, candidiasis);
- dermatitis, eczema, seborrhoea;
- sexually transmitted diseases (chlamydia, syphilis, gonorrhoea, HIV);
- skin parasites (pediculosis, scabies).
In the treatment of these diseases, specialists resort to a combination of medicines and physiotherapy. Strict personal hygiene is necessary.
The dermatovenerologist also pays great attention to preventive measures that help to avoid the appearance of skin and sexually transmitted diseases in future.
Why to choose a dermatovenereologist at Viasan Medical Centre?
Viasan Medical Centre in Ternopil has gathered the most experienced and progressive specialists. Specialists in the field of dermatovenereology are no exception. These are highly qualified doctors with an individual approach to each patient.
Humanity, understanding, professionalism of the medical staff of the centre, the opportunity to feel in a friendly atmosphere – all this contributes to residents of Ternopil, regions and guests of our region to be confident in the services of Viasan.