Ultrasound of arteries and veins of the lower extremities in Ternopil
Ultrasound of arteries and veins of the lower extremities is a modern method of diagnosing vascular disease of the legs. It allows to detect dangerous vascular pathologies (blood flow disorders, thrombosis, atherosclerosis) at the very beginning of their development. It is important to monitor the dynamics of changes in the structure and functioning of the vessels of the lower extremities in order to correct the treatment. It prevents life-threatening complications such as stroke, heart attack and gangrene. In Ternopil, ultrasound of the vessels of the lower extremities can be done at the Viasan Medical Centre by the doctor's referral or at your own request.
Modern ultrasound of arteries and veins of the lower extremities.
Premium Logiq P9 scanner from General Electric. Fast, reliable and without queues!
The essence of the procedure
Ultrasound of arteries and veins of the lower extremities is a convenient non-invasive method of diagnosis, which can be used to visualize the smallest structural changes in blood vessels. To determine vascular pathology, 3 types of research are used:
1. Two-dimensional Doppler detects primary signs of the disease. Allows you to assess the condition of superficial and deep veins.
2. Duplex angioscanning is the most advanced option, combining classical ultrasound and energy mapping. With the help of colour Doppler, you can identify blood clots that are not visible in normal mode.
3. Triplex scanning is an innovative method of studying the arteries and veins of the lower extremities, conducted in 3 modes. Detects various defects that lead to circulatory disorders: blood clots, atherosclerotic plaques, narrowing of the walls, tortuosity, aneurysms and more. It is a ‘gold standard’ of vascular examination.
What is being examined
- common femoral arteries;
- tibial arteries;
- popliteal arteries;
- superficial arteries, iliac arteries;
- superficial and deep femoral arteries;
- posterior arteries of the foot.
- perforating veins;
- large and small subcutaneous veins;
- popliteal veins;
- tibial veins;
- femoral veins;
- sural veins.
Ultrasound of the vessels of the lower extremities is prescribed for patients with some chronic diseases and in the presence of symptoms that are predictors of circulatory disorders:
- diabetes mellitus;
- varicose veins;
- swelling, heaviness of the legs;
- itching and burning of the extremities;
- pain in the legs while walking;
- discolouration of the skin of the legs.
Ultrasound of the arteries and veins of the lower extremities is one of the necessary examinations before some surgeries. It is prescribed for early diagnosis of diseases such as:
- varicose veins (to determine treatment tactics);
- atherosclerosis of the vessels of the lower extremities;
- thrombosis with detection of thrombus localization;
- postthrombotic syndrome (to adjust therapy);
- aneurysms (thinning and stretching of blood vessels).
The examination does not require special preparation.
How it is performed
The patient lies on a couch with bare legs. Gel is applied to the skin to improve glide. The sensor of the device is moved along the blood vessels of the legs. Information from it is visualized on the monitor of the device as images and digital parameters. The results are processed; the doctor fills out a protocol of ultrasound examination.
Benefits of Viasan
The most modern ultrasound on a premium device Logiq P9, General Electric. We have it! At your service:
- modern ultrasound diagnostics room;
- qualified specialists;
- the possibility of a complex examination. Fast and without queues.