Colonoscopy in Ternopil
Colonoscopy is an endoscopic method of examining the large intestine using a colonoscope, a thin, flexible fibre-optic device that is inserted through the anus for a detailed examination of all sections of the colon and rectum. It makes it possible to detect various diseases of the colon, often long before the first clinical symptoms appear.
It has high diagnostic and therapeutic value, has no analogues, and is considered a mandatory examination for persons with a hereditary predisposition to colorectal cancer (which ranks first among all malignant tumours of the gastrointestinal tract and second or third in the general list of oncological pathologies).
Modern equipment and advanced medical technologies make it possible to perform this delicate procedure in comfortable conditions for the patient, under medical sedation. Without pain, fear and tension.
Colonoscopy in Ternopil, Viasan Medical Centre.
Modern video endoscope. Experienced specialists.
Colonoscopy is prescribed as an urgent or scheduled procedure for diagnostic and therapeutic purposes. Among the indications there are:
- Chronic defecation disorder (constipation or diarrhoea);
- Bleeding from the anus;
- Abdominal pain in the projection of the large intestine;
- The presence of excretions (blood, mucus, pus);
- Increased gas formation, bloating;
- Severe pain in the rectum radiating to the lower abdomen;
- Inability to defecate, false urges to defecate;
- Discomfort, feeling of a foreign body in the rectum;
- Low-grade fever, weight loss of unclear etiology, etc.
Colonoscopy detects inflammatory pathologies of various parts of the large intestine, neoplasms, erosions and other defects of the intestine, and makes it possible to visually diagnose:
- Non-specific ulcerative colitis (UC);
- Crohn's disease, Hirschsprung's disease;
- Cryptitis (inflammation of the sinuses of the anus);
- Submucosal and epithelial neoplasms;
- Diverticula (bag-like protrusions);
- Neoplasia (polyps), tumours;
- Intestinal bleeding, foreign bodies, etc.
Colonoscopy is used to collect biomaterial for histological analysis and endoscopic treatment, as well as:
- To remove polyps;
- To remove foreign bodies;
- To stop intestinal bleeding, etc.
It starts with a slag-free diet 2 days before the examination. Foods rich in fibre (beans, cereals, nuts, vegetables, fruits) are excluded from the diet. From the evening before the examination, a bowel cleansing procedure is performed. It consists in taking osmotic laxatives prescribed by an endoscopist. Each has its own features of use, which should be familiarized with before use. The last osmotic laxative should be taken at least 4 hours before the examination. Before the examination, the intestine must be empty.
Usually colonoscopy is performed under medical sedation (in sleep). This option has advantages (in the absence of contraindications), as it makes the procedure as comfortable as possible for the patient and allows the doctor to carry out a better diagnosis.
Anaesthesiologist who is present throughout the examination administers a safe sedative drug, which plunges the patient into a state of short-term medicated sleep.
- The video endoscope is inserted through the anus in the position of lying on the left side with the legs bent at the knees.
- Under video control, the doctor smoothly moves the device deep into the intestine, examining its sections gradually.
- If necessary, the image of the area of interest is enlarged many times and fixed on the computer.
- After the examination, the colonoscope is carefully removed, the results are deciphered, and a conclusion is drawn. The patient can go home.
Colonoscopy at Viasan MC: advantages
- Modern high-precision colonoscope АOHUA VME-2300, which is among the best endoscopic systems;
- Qualified specialists with many years of experience;
- Comfortable, high-quality examination without fear and stress;
- Progressive endoscopy according to international standards;
- Easy registration and affordable prices.