Ultrasound of the heart in Ternopil: Viasan Medical Center
Ultrasound of the heart is a popular method of cardiodiagnostics, which allows to identify various heart diseases with a high probability. Intended for verification of congenital and acquired cardiovascular pathologies of adults and children from birth. It is made in 2, 3, 4-dimensional (Doppler) modes, has a high resolution of images, which allows to study in detail even the smallest heart.
Ultrasound of the heart in Ternopil can be performed at the Viasan Medical Centre on a high-precision Logiq P9 (General Electric) device.
The essence of the procedure
Ultrasound of the heart is prescribed by family doctors, pediatricians, cardiologists and other specialists for emergency or routine examination. Morphology and physiological functions of the heart are assessed using real-time ultrasound.
It is possible to examine:
- the size of the heart, the volume of its cavities;
- the condition of the outer shell (pericardium);
- the thickness of heart walls;
- the structure and presence of congenital defects;
- the condition and mass of the myocardium;
- the valve apparatus;
- the heart rate;
- the intracardiac blood flow;
- the pressure in the heart chambers;
- the condition of large heart vessels.
It is possible to diagnose:
- congenital and acquired defects;
- various heart aneurysms;
- inflammation of the pericardium (pericarditis);
- heart valve damage;
- coronary heart disease;
- various cardiomyopathies;
- damage to the vessels of the body;
- the presence of blood clots, tumours.
The reason for the ultrasound of the heart is any symptoms of cardiovascular disease, such as:
- heart rhythm disorders;
- pain in the chest and ribs;
- auscultatory heart murmurs;
- edema, enlarged liver;
- acute and chronic ischemia;
- shortness of breath;
- increased fatigue;
- paleness, cyanosis of the skin in the ear and eye area.
Ultrasound scan is performed after heart surgery and chest injuries. It is indicated for pregnancy at the end of the first trimester and patients with:
Once a year ultrasound of the heart is recommended for professional athletes.
Not required. At the secondary procedure, it is advisable to bring a protocol of preliminary heart examination to monitor the dynamics of change.
How it is performed
The patient lies on the couch chest up. The skin of the examined area is lubricated with silicone gel to improve contact with the sensor. The doctor scans the organ and examines the image on the monitor. The data are put down to the protocol, a conclusion is given.
Ultrasound of the heart in Viasan: benefits
Ultrasound screening of the heart is the most difficult study in ultrasound diagnosis. The heart is a moving organ that has cavities, valves, inlet and outlet vessels. In our centre experienced doctors of expert level carry out such responsible diagnostics. At your service:
- modern licensed medical centre;
- European diagnostic and treatment protocols;
- high-precision ultrasound machine (USA);
- quality service, no queues.